Posted October 17th, 2015 by Shenzhen Party Info
Join the leading online resource for all things Shenzhen and help make an impact on over 600,000 people’s lives a year through book publishing, online media and events.
ShenzhenParty.com. is on the hunt for a web-savvy candidate with passion, intellect and drive to lead our day-to-day business operations.
In the role, the individual will be responsible for improving traffic to the site. This role is responsible for daily operational management and development so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans with agreed budgets and timelines.
By accepting these challenges you are on a fast track to becoming the General Manager of an established small Internet company.
We are looking for a leader with passion, energy, intellect and drive that can bring fresh ideas, a strategic mind and an ability to grow ShenzhenParty.com. This person will have the primary responsibility for managing site operations, organizational leadership and financial and organizational management.
This is a great opportunity for a strong web business leader with strong experience prioritizing activities, leading both internal and external partners, and a passion for consumer facing web properties.
- Manage employees and contractors responsible for day-to-day operations of site: customer service, content creation, human resources, etc.
- Understand and develop strategies and activities to grow website traffic in a profitable manner.
- Establish metrics, Track, analyze and understand the implications of all the sites’ associated metrics.
- Develop and manage operational budgets, and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans against company objectives, managing and developing direct reporting staff, and managing budgets.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Set production schedule editorial calendar and enforce deadlines after reviewing and prioritizing staff work on a daily basis from Editorial and Sales perspective.
- Establish and document standard operating procedures in Editorial, Sales and other business functions in company operations manual
- Manage HR process including interviewing and screening potential candidates to grow the company
- Review, edit and optimize content for social sharing and search engines before publication
- Native English Speaker and Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Demonstrated experience in growing traffic and revenue associated with web properties
- Natural leader adept in team building, leading by example and inspiring a team.
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial spirit who can lead by example.
- Excellent communications – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, track those parts, and manage the activities to completion.
- Strong Business Sense - an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities. Understanding of web monetization is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business/industry international experience...
- Experience managing online operations is a MUST.
- Ability to deliver and receive feedback
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial spirit.
Education Level Required:
Expatriates & Local Chinese