LinkedIn Group | Instagram | Facebook | Meetup | Sign in | Join_


As of now, the visa for Philippine nationals are way too high compare than before. And as a Filipino I wonder why is this happening? Some pinoys blame it to other pinoys in HK and Macau. And others are linking the reason to some pinays who is justifying prostitution. But whatever it is, we all dont know the exact reason why the visa price gets 500% higher and more these days. And because of that....So many travel agents(or whatever kind of visa agents)are ISSUING FAKE "F" and "L" visa.(6 months & 3 months visa)and they are even saying that they can issue "Z" visa. which is equivalent to working visa for a less,cheaper price from those who issue legal ones.

And the reason why I post this kind of message is to remind my other kababayans to be careful on buying visa.They should know the person who they entrust their own passports.and make sure that the person is really connected to china government issuing visa for foreigners. Otherwise, you'll be sorry and become one of the other Filipino working here in china, (mostly doing teaching jobs) deported by possessing fake business and tourist visa.

Get two daily Shenzhen insider tips:


Answer to Oyo Question:

Answer to Oyo Question: Marrying a Chinese national and getting a job in China are 2 different issues; You may be able to extend your stay in China (if you are married to a Chinese National) but still may not able to get a job simply because it is based on your academic qualifications, working experience which should match with the criteria of employers.

Answer to Anonymous Question: yes, you can buy electronics and sell it outside china. China likes this as this creates employment. Just be careful when you arrived in your home country, they may tax you for electronic items you purchased in China or in HK.

Answer to Anonymous about stopped issuing visas to phil passport holders: This is not true, Anybody who is qualified under the rules and regulation for travel to China (particularly with invitation letters from China companies, invitation letters from relatives in China), will be given a China visa and will be allowed to travel to China. Please check your nearest China Embassy for information.


Hi..  Is it true that

  Is it true that they have stopped issuing visas for Philippine passport holders after Chiense new year ..even if provided wtih an employer?

i just wanna ask where is the

i just wanna ask where is the chinese visa office in hongkong located? a friend of mine form norway would like to get his chinese visa in hongkong.





















hi, i would like to visit

hi, i would like to visit china and buy electronics to sell here in that allowed?

  At the beginning of its


At the beginning of its foundation, the People's Republic of China started to invite foreign experts for service  in technology, management, science and research, education, journalism and publication and other fields.  Since China carried out economic reform and opening up to the outside world in 1978 more specialists have  been invited from abroad. Up to now foreign experts having worked in China have amounted to 740,000  persons/ times. At present the foreign experts work in all China's provinces, autonomous regions and  municipalities. Their service covers the national economy and social development in such fields as industry,  agriculture, key projects, education, science and technology, finance, commercial endeavours, public health and sports, press and law.

 These experts have made great contributions to the promotion of Chinese economic construction and social  development as well as to the friendship and cooperation between the Chinese people and the people of other  countries. The State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs of China is sincerely grateful to all the experts who have worked in China.

 Many who hope to work in China and those establishments that mean to recommend personnel, often ask  questions concerning work in China. They want to know which departments or units need foreign experts and  what type of specialists, how to enter and leave China, what treatment they will receive and what they need  to pay attention to while working and living in China. These friends want the concerned departments to offer them guiding materials. This is the reason we have complied this information.

 To make it practicable, we try to give a clear introduction to China and provide the necessary information that  the experts will need to know. China is deepening its reform, some adjustments will be made in the  regulations concerning experts working in China, we hope that the experts will understand this. Here we  acknowledge the support and help of the experts from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Public Security and the Beijing Administration of Customs.

 ************************ CONTENTS ************************



1.  Who can be considered foreign experts working in China?

1. Foreign educational, scientific, cultural and medical experts

2. Foreign economic, technical and managerial experts

 3. Representatives of foreign experts' organizations and resident representative offices of personnel  intermediary agents ratified by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs of China and registered by  industrial, commercial, administrative departments (managerial, profit-making) or civil affairs departments ( non-profit-making)


2.  Administrative offices in charge of foreign experts


3. Entry

4.  How to apply for Visa Z, visa for those who work in China ?

5.  What is the Foreign Experts Invitation Confirmation ?

 6.  How to use the Foreign Experts Invitation Confirmation ?

7. Which offices issue Foreign Experts Invitation Confirmation ?

8.  How to apply for Foreigner Residence Permits ?

 9.  What is the Foreign Experts Certificate and how to apply for it ?

10. What is the Foreign Experts ID Card ?

 11.  Customs regulations on foreign experts' bringing in and taking out of the country daily             necessities

 12.  Customs regulations on foreign experts' bringing in and taking out of the country gold,     silver and products made thereof

 13.  Articles foreign experts are not allowed to bring into the country

14.  Chinese laws and regulations on foreign experts' bringing in animals, plants and their products

 15.  Traveling in China

16.  Quarantine regulations

17.  Leaving China

18.  Categories of aliens denied exit from China

 19.  Items foreign experts are prohibited from taking out of the country

20.  Regulations on foreign experts' taking cultural relics out of the country

 21.  Foreign experts' rights and duties

22.  Protection of foreign experts' Intellectual Property rights

23.  Insurance in China

24.  Medical care in China



25.  A brief survey of China

26.  Chinese timetable

27.  Chinese social and living habits

28.  Chinese traditional festivals, public holidays and vacations





 Zheng Huaisheng Chen Yangjin


Zhao Lixian


Shi Zhongcheng, Yue Xiaodong, Zhang Xinmin


 Zhao Lixian, Shi Zhongcheng, Yue Xiaodong, Zhang Xinmin, Liu Xin, Xiao Suhua, Zhang Min


 Huang Lijin, Liu Yongzhi, Su Guangming, Wu Jianxin

1. Foreign Experts

With the development of Chinese economy, society and culture, a great number of foreign specialists are  invited to work in China every year. They are not unskilled workers, but because they possess special skills  they come to engage in specialized work and help the Chinese to solve problems in their development.

 Inviting foreign experts to work in China is an important means employed by the Chinese government to carry  out the exchange of international personnel. "Foreign experts" is a term for those foreign specialists who are  invited to work in China to meet the needs of the Chinese economic construction and social development.  Once approved by the departments concerned, they can be employed to work in China as foreign experts.

 The foreign experts differ greatly from other aliens such as diplomats, travelers, students, business or official visitors and the ordinary workers working in China.

 The administration of these people in China is also different. The Chinese government, every provincial,  autonomous regional, and city governments and employment units provide various convenient working and  living conditions for the experts. Those with excellent performance will be given different honors or awards.

1. Who can be considered foreign experts working in China ?

Foreign experts who are invited to work in China can be divided into the following:

1. Foreign educational, scientific, cultural and medical experts.

These refer to those experts who are employed by the Chinese schools and other educational  establishments in such fields as publication, medicine, scientific research, culture and art, and sports. They should hold bachelor's degrees and have more than two years of experience.

2. Foreign economic, technical and managerial experts.

These are the foreign professionals who are invited to work on a long-term or short-term basis by the  Chinese government agencies, economic and social managerial departments, and by units in the  fields of industry, commerce, finance, politics and law. Included are those foreign specialists sent by  the foreign corporations to carry out agreements between governments or international organizations  and those who come with introduced projects or key construction projects, and those invited directly by the work units to engage in technology and management.


The foreign investors, legal representatives or senior managerial personnel (foreign general managers,  directors, deputy directors, etc.) in foreign-invested enterprises who live in China and participate in the  management of the enterprises, and the foreign technicians who are engaged in production and management also belong to foreign experts if they are one of the following:

* Holders of at least bachelor's degrees, engineers or holders of degrees or technical titles of the same  level;

 * Those who have worked for more than five years and are experienced in their specialized fields, who     are able to conduct technical supervision and are qualified in their own professions;

 * Those who possess special techniques and particular skills especially needed by our country;

 * Those who have experience of working abroad and engaging in management for more than five  years,   managers of departments or holders of the same level positions in large or medium-sized foreign   enterprises or hi-tech enterprises.

 3. Representatives of foreign experts' organizations and resident representative offices of personnel  intermediary agents ratified by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs of China and registered by  industrial, commercial, administrative offices ( managerial, or civil affairs departments ( non-profit-making)

  2. Administrative offices in charge of foreign experts

 The State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs of China is the official organ under the central government and is  in charge of the foreign experts working in China. Those foreign affairs offices and local bureaus of foreign  experts in provinces, areas and cities are local governmental offices or units in charge of foreign experts working in the local places .


3. Entry

 China issues four types of visas: visa of diplomacy, visa of courtesy, visa of official matters and ordinary visas.

 General aliens obtain ordinary visas when they come to China. Ordinary visas are issued to applicants according to their different purposes and each type is marked with a capital letter.

1. Visa D is issued to those who come to China for permanent residence.

2. Visa Z is issued to those who come to work in China and their accompanying family members.

3. Visa X is issued to those who come to China to study or practice as interns for more than six months.

4. Visa F is issued to those who come to China to visit, teach, do business, or for cultural, scientific or technological exchanges for less than six months.

5. Visa L is issued to those who come to China to travel, visit friends and relatives or to deal with  some private matters. A group visa can be obtained if more than nine people come together for travel.

6. Visa G is issued to those who need a stopover in China.

7. Visa C is issued to the crews of airplanes, trains and ships who are on regular visits to China.  Their accompanying family members are issued with the same type of visa .

8. Visa J -1 is delivered to foreign resident journalists in China, and Visa J - 2 to foreign journalists who come to China to gather news.



According to the above regulations, foreign experts who come to China for long-term service should apply for  Visa Z on their entry. Those who are invited to visit, teach or participate in the exchange of science, technology and culture and stay in China for a short term should apply for Visa F on entry.

Those who do not have enough time to apply for entry visas from Chinese overseas departments, but must  come to China immediately can apply for entry visas from the offices entrusted by the Ministry of Public Security on arriving at ports under the following conditions.

(1) Those who are invited at short notice to attend trade affairs.

(2) Those who come to make a bid or to sign economic and trade contracts and agreements  with Chinese partners.

(3) Those who are invited to supervise the loading and unloading of imports or exports or to examine the quality of imported goods and projects.

(4) Those who are invited to install equipment or to carry out emergency repairs.

(5) Those who are invited to deal with damage claims.

 (6) Those who are invited to provide timely scientific and technological advice .

(7) Those who come as substitutes to members of groups that have already been in existence  for some time. Such changes, however, should be approved by the inviting organizations or persons.

 (8) Those who come to visit patients who are in a critical condition; those who come for funeral ceremonies.

 (9) Those who are here in transit, but because of unavoidable delays, cannot leave China within 24 hours by any transportation means.

 (10) Those who do not have enough time to apply for entry visas from entrusted overseas departments, and who hold telexes or telegrams from authoritative Chinese departments  approving them to apply for visas on arriving at the port .

Those who are not included in the above are not allowed to apply for visas at any port.

 The offices entrusted by the Ministry of Public Security to issue visas are at the ports of Beijing, Shanghai,  Tianjin, Dalian, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Xian, Guilin, Hangzhou, Kunming, Guangzhou (Baiyun Airport) , Shenzhen ( Luohu , Shekou) , Zhuhai ( Gongbei ) , Haikou, Sanya, Qingdao, Yantai and Weihai .

The Detailed Regulations on Implementing the Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens stipulate that the following people are denied entry of China.

(1) Those who have been expelled by the Chinese government.

(2) Those who come to engage in terrorism, Violence or subversion.

 (3) Those who come to engage in drug trafficking or prostitution .

(4) Those who suffer from mental disorders, leprosy, AIDS or other contagious diseases .

 (5) Those who do not have sufficient financial means to support themselves in China .

 (6) Those who come to engage in activities that are dangerous to State security or benefits.

 4. How to apply for Visa Z, visa for those who work in China

According to the regulations, foreign experts, who are to work in China for more than 6 months, should apply  for Visa Z to China 's departments of foreign affairs or overseas organizations entrusted by the Ministry of  Foreign Affairs. They should present their invitation letters, valid passports and certificates, and Foreign Experts Affairs Invitation Confirmation .

 5. What is a Foreign Experts Invitation Confirmation ?

 This certificate is to be presented when a foreign expert applies for Visa Z. I t proves that the State Bureau of  Foreign Experts Affairs agrees that the holder comes to China as an expert (accompanied by his/her family  members) and asks the Chinese Embassy or Consulate to issue Visa Z according to the regulations concerned.

 This certificate can be obtained by the inviting work unit, which applies for it to the State Bureau of Foreign  Experts Affairs and the departments of foreign affairs entrusted by the Bureau, and sends the original copy to  the expert. This certificate should be presented with the invitation letter and cannot replace it.

  6. How to use a Foreign Experts Invitation Confirmation

 This certificate can only be used by experts who have obtained approval to work in China while applying for  Visa Z. It is needed by the expert when applying for Visa Z, not by other aliens to apply for Visas F or L.

  7. What offices issue a Foreign Experts Invitation Confirmation ?

 This certificate can only be issued by The State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs. The departments of  foreign affairs of provinces, autonomous regions and cities, and ministries under the State Council, their  subordinate offices, units and international co-operative sections can also issue the certificate to the experts who come to work in their areas or units.

8. How to apply for Foreign Residence Permits?

According to the "Detailed Regulations on Implementing the Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens" , a foreign expert with Visa Z should apply for residence permit to the local police station.  He or she is required to present his or her passport, Visa Z, Foreign Experts Certificate, Aliens Health  Record, introduction letter from the work unit along with 2 personal photos. He or she has also to fill out an application form.

 When the expert with a residence permit leaves the service place, he or she should be registered for  contemporary residence in the target place. Foreign experts holding Visa F should also apply for contemporary residence when they need to stay in China longer.

9. What is a Foreign Experts Certificate and how to apply for it?

 This certificate is necessary for foreign experts working in China to prove their identity and apply for  residence permits. To apply for it, the work unit should present the introduction letter from the authoritative  agent; cultural and educational experts should present the contract, agreement between the governments or universities, Visa Z or its duplicate, and 2 personal photos.

 This certificate is valid for one year at most. When it expires, it should be renewed, otherwise it will be  invalid. When work units change, the certificate should be returned to the Issuer and a new one applied for in the new work place.

10. What is a Foreign Experts ID Card?

 This allows foreign experts, who come to work in China for the first time, to enjoy preferential treatment at  customs. Its holders will be allowed to bring in a reasonable amount of daily necessities for personal use free of duty. (See 11. for the detail. )

 This certificate is issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs, and by offices of foreign affairs in  provinces, regions and cities. Experts who want to bring in duty-free necessities can inform their work units beforehand.

11. Customs regulations on foreign experts' bringing in and taking out daily necessities.

 Foreign experts who come to China for long - term service are allowed to bring in luggage and necessities for personal use on condition that such items do not exceed reasonable quantities.

 Foreign experts (including experts from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) or overseas Chinese experts can  carry in duty - free teaching and research materials such as books, instruments, tools, samples and reagents  if they are for personal use and do not exceed reasonable quantities. These are listed below:

1. Books, newspapers, teaching notes, visual aids, etc;

2. Samples, models and photographic slides;

 3. Small- types of instruments and meters (one set for each person) for analysis, measurement, inspection and observation in scientific research, experiments and teaching;

 4. Good strains of plants and seeds (only for the experts of agriculture and forestry to use in their research and teaching);

 5. Special materials like reagents, biological intermediates and products, medicines, isotopes etc, needed in research, teaching and experiments of chemistry, biology and medicine.


The articles listed above should not be sold or transferred without the approval of customs. When they  exceed the supervision time, applications can be made to customs for an extension. Foreign experts (with a  visa for over one year) who come to China for the first time can bring in duty-free video cameras for home use, cameras, portable tape-recorders, CD players and computers, one set for each person.

After they obtain their residence permits, foreign experts can apply to the Beijing Administration Customs for  the duty-free concessions by presenting their passports, Foreign Experts' Certificates, residence permits, Foreign Experts' ID Cards and application forms, (Except for the 20 categories such as television set, video camera, video recorder, video player, visual equipment, air-conditioner, refrigerator, washing machine,  camera, duplicator, program-controlled telephone exchanger, minicomputer, telephone, radio calling system,  facsimile, electronic calculator, type-writer, word processor, furniture, lamps and seasoning.)

 On leaving China, foreign experts should apply to take out articles to the local customs, presenting their passports, Foreign Experts' Certificates, residence permits and application forms.

12. Customs regulations on foreign experts' bringing in and taking out gold, silver and products made thereof

Foreign experts should declare to Customs any gold, or silver and articles made of them upon entering China.  Such articles are allowed in free of duty if they are in reasonable quantities for personal use. If deemed to  exceed reasonable quantities, they can be allowed in after duties are paid in accordance with regulations. The  duty- free articles, once allowed in, are at the owners' free disposal. If these articles are to be taken out upon  the experts' departure from China, the declaration forms filled in on arrival at the port of entry should be  shown to the Customs officers. Those who have failed to declare to the Customs the amount of gold, silver and

 articles made of them and those who are carrying out more than they have declared on arrival, will not be  allowed to carry the precious metals out. Foreign experts who have bought gold and silver ornaments with  foreign currencies they had brought in can carry these articles out by presenting to the Customs the special receipts provided by sellers authorized to sell such articles.

13. Articles foreign experts are not allowed to bring in

1. Various weapons, including model weapons, ammunition and explosives;

2. Counterfeit money and negotiable securities;

3. Publications, films, photos, gramophone records, movies, tapes, CD discs, software and other  products that are considered harmful to Chinese politics, economics, culture and morality;

4. Deadly poisons;

 5. Opium, morphine, heroin, marijuana and other narcotics that may attract addicts;

6. Animals and plants that might carry dangerous germs or insects;

 7. Food, medicine and other products from areas affected by epidemic diseases that are considered harmful to human health and domestic animals.

14. Chinese laws and regulations on foreign experts' bringing in animals, plants and their products

According to the "Chinese Quarantine Law on Importing and Exporting Animals and Plants", those wanting to  bring in animals, plants, plant seeds and propagating material should apply for permission and undergo  necessary examination procedures. Foreign experts intending to bring in animals and plants should entrust  their Chinese employers or inviting organizations to help them complete such quarantine procedures before  their arrival. What should be reminded here is the following items that are prohibited from being brought into China:

1. Pathogen of animals or plants, insects, insects or living things that are harmful ;

2. Animals and plants from areas that have been infected by epidemic diseases;

3. Dead bodies of animals ;

4. Soil.

15. Traveling in China

 Experts with valid residence permits, passports and visas can travel in those areas open to aliens. By May 3,  1999, a total of 1,394 Chinese cities and counties have been open to aliens. Foreign experts who go to  places not open to aliens on business can only enter such place after reception units apply for traveling permits, which are then approved.

16. Quarantine regulations

According to the "Quarantine Law of the People's Republic of China ", all people entering or leaving the  country, their transportation tools, baggage, cargoes and postal parcels that could spread epidemic diseases  should undergo quarantine in appointed areas. Except navigators, all other personnel should obtain  permission from quarantine officers before they can disembark from their transportation, load or unload their cargo, luggage and postal parcels.

 Passengers on ships and aviation transport that have to cast anchor or land in ports closed to aliens should  not leave their transportation or load and unload cargo, luggage and postal parcels unless they obtain special  permission from quarantine offices. Organizations and individuals who break the following regulations will be cautioned or fined:

1. Those who evade quarantine or try to cover facts;

2. Those who leave or board transportation, load or unload cargo, luggage and postal parcels without  permission from quarantine officers.


Those who refuse to accept fines by the quarantine organizations should sue the organization or the officers  at the local People's Court within six days of receiving their penalty notice. Those who fail to sue within the  period and refuse to be fined will have to pay the People's Court at the request of the quarantine offices.

 Those who violate rules and endanger the public by spreading epidemic diseases will be punished according to the law.

17. Leaving China

 Foreign experts with valid passports or other certificates can leave China within the valid period of their visas or residence permits.

 The following preparations have to be made before leaving China.

1. Routes and tickets


If the ticket home is to be paid by the inviting unit according to contract, it will buy or help to buy that of the shortest and most direct route.

2. "Left-over" belongings


Any duty free items, in special customs status categories, or items that the baggage declaration form states  must be taken out of the country, which experts do not wish to take back with them, are normally not allowed  to be sold or donated to individuals or units without prior permission from the Customs office. Items should  usually be sold at appointed stores or at the local foreign goods purchasing departments, and duties for  special items should be repaid according to the Customs law. All receipts for such transactions must be kept  and produced for inspection at Customs on departure. Customs approval has to be given if experts wish to present duty-free items to their work units in China.

 Most of the big cities have consigning companies, which will help experts with shipping large and heavy articles.

3. Customs inspection


All items taken out of the country are required to be inspected at Customs, and the baggage declaration form  produced, along with receipts or Customs permits for goods that have been sold or presented to some Chinese work units.

4. Returning credentials issued in China


All credentials, residence permits, work and medical cards, foreign experts' ID cards, etc. issued in china  must be cancelled in the issuing departments prior to departure from the country. The cancelled documents  can be kept by the experts. Those who wish to leave and return to China within the valid period of the residence permits should apply for return visa at the local police station.

5. Activities before departure


The Chinese are very friendly people. To show their gratitude and friendship to the experts, their Chinese  colleagues and leaders of the work units are likely to hold a number of farewell receptions before their  departure. Their friends from other countries may also call upon the experts to say goodbye. Experts leaving  China should take all these things into consideration when they are scheduling their last few days in China.

 Foreign experts' work units should be cooperative in helping them complete the above procedures.

 18. Categories of aliens denied exit from China

 According to the Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens, aliens shall not be allowed to leave China if they come under any of the following categories:

1. A defendant in a criminal procedure or a criminal suspect listed by a public security organ or people's procurator office or people's court;

 2. A person under notice by a people's court to be denied exit for an unsettled civil procedure;

 3. A person awaiting decision for any other violation of Chinese law, whose case, in the opinion of  competent authorities, calls for investigation. Not until the relevant lawsuits and civil cases have been  concluded, not until the reasons that prevent their exits have disappeared, are those involved allowed to leave China, with the approval of concerned Chinese departments.

19. Items foreign experts are prohibited from taking out

According to the relevant regulations of the General Administration of Customs of the People's Republic of  China, foreign experts are prohibited from taking out the following items from the country:

1. Items that are prohibited from being brought into the country;

2. Manuscripts, publications, films, photos, gramophone records, movies, tapes, video tapes, CD  discs and computer software that are connected with State secrets;

3. Precious cultural and other relics that are prohibited from being exported;

 4. Precious animals and plants (including samples) that are in imminent danger of extinction, their seeds and materials for their propagation.

20 . Regulations on foreign experts' taking cultural relics out of the country

Foreign experts intending to take or mail cultural relics (including paintings and calligraphic works by  established artists who are deceased) out of the country should confirm that the articles have been appraised  by the relevant cultural relics administrative departments. Such departments are now available in the port  cities of Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai and Guangzhou. When taking cultural relics out of the country, one has to  declare to Customs and show the appraisal marks on the relics as well as the " expert permission " delivered  by the concerned departments. Cultural relics that have not been appraised or are not allowed to be taken or  mailed out of the country should be registered at Customs and be returned to the appointed organizations or  persons within China. On such occasions, these items can be expected to be bought by the concerned  departments in Customs . The cultural relics that foreign experts have purchased in special shops with  foreign currencies and have brought into China can be taken out. However, declaration at Customs is still necessary, and the receipts given by the shops should be shown.

21. Foreign experts' rights and duties 


 Contracts will be signed when the foreign expert works in China. It will ensure the cooperation between the  two parties and protect their rights. Both parties should fulfill the rights and duties, and any problems or disputes should be dealt with according to the contract.

 Foreign experts must obey the Chinese laws and regulations set by the governments at every level while  working in China. Cases concerning foreign experts will be handled by the judicial departments and public  security organs concerned, with the help of the State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs or the local offices of foreign affairs.

According to the " Civil Lawsuit Law of the People's Republic of China"the "Administrative Lawsuit Law of the People's Republic of China " and the "Contract Law", foreign experts enjoy the same legal rights and duties as the citizens of the People's Republic of China. If the courts of the concerned foreign expert's  country employ restrictions over the rights and duties of the Chinese citizens in their countries, then equivalent restrictions will be employed over these foreign experts in China.

The rights and interests of foreign experts working in China are protected by the Chinese Government.  Foreign experts should carry out the agreements and employment contracts, which should provide clear  items on foreign experts' insurance, medical care, holidays and other living conditions. If disputes occur, the  experts can go to the arbitration board of foreign experts' contracts or to the local courts.

The payment of experts' personal Income tax should be done according to the tax laws.

 Foreign experts can enjoy preferential treatment given by the Chinese government and will be praised or  awarded for their good performance by the local governments or their work units. The highest award is the "Friendship Prize" given by the Chinese government.

22. Protection of foreign experts' intellectual property rights

 Great attention is paid to intellectual property rights the important requirements of international exchange of  technology, economy, culture and talents. The Chinese government keeps strengthening the making and  implementation of laws and tries to create the correct environment for the protection of intellectual property rights.

 Foreign experts' intellectual property rights of patents, works, special techniques and trademarks are  respected and protected by the Chinese government. If the expert or his company applies for patent or  trademark protection, they will own it and the right to be rewarded. The Chinese government and the  departments concerned will maintain the business secrets according to law. The secrets cover designing  plans, production processes, formulas, crafts, strategies of management, name lists of customers,  information of material sources, policies of manufacture and sales, any bids and documents. Chinese law forbids illegal acts such as stealing, enticing, threatening or exposing the agreement.

At present Chinese laws concerning the protection of intellectual property rights are mainly the "General Rules of the Citizen Law of the People's Republic of China" , and the "Trademark Law of the People's Republic of China" , The "Patent Law of the People's Republic of China", the "Contract Law of the People's Republic of China" the "Rules of Computer Software Management", the "Corporation Law of the People's Republic of China" , the "Foreign Trade Protection Law of the People's Republic of China", and the"Commercial Banking Law of the People's Republic of China" . The "Scientific Fruit Transferring Rules of the People's Republic of China" also concerns the protection of intellectual property rights.

 The Chinese government has participated in international protective actions of intellectual property rights, the  negotiation of important agreements, and has accepted international duties of protecting intellectual property rights.

23. Insurance in China

 Chinese insurance companies cover a large range of businesses. Foreign experts working in China are advised to buy the following insurances:

1. property insurance;

2. personal accident insurance;

3. vehicle insurance;

4. employer responsibility insurance;

 5. public responsibility insurance, and;

6. investment insurance.


The People's Insurance Company of China and other large insurance companies operate many branches in Beijing and other major cities to cater to the needs of foreign customers.

24. Medical care in China

 The health system in China covers the whole country. Most of the work units have their own clinics to deal  with minor complaints. There are hospitals in almost every city where patients can get treatment without  having to travel too far. Big cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and all the provincial capitals have  well-equipped hospitals which employ many experienced doctors and specialists with specialized departments including that of traditional Chinese medicine.

 Many cities have specialized hospitals. Most of them have special departments for foreign experts where  patients receive first-class attention. China adopts a partly free medical care service. Particular issues concerning foreign experts' medical care should be covered in the contract.


hi, i just wanna ask a

hi, i just wanna ask a questions, if you going to get married a chinese citizen is easy to get job in china???? please give me advise...thanks in advance....please kindly contact me on the commmuniccations methods below.

[email protected]

Mobile # 15915789737

skype: bern_1984

MSN: [email protected]

My QQ# 1415730707

how is going on???

how is going on???

hi, all filipino is

hi, all filipino is here in china working!!!

hi, mikaela just wanna know

hi, mikaela
just wanna know how confirmed is that info: China embassy has stopped issuing visas until August? one of my friends went home last week & she will get her visa this week.. another 2 will go home to Manila & get China visas & return here thereafter.
let me know how confirmed your info is, thanks.

The China embassy in Manila

The China embassy in Manila has stopped issuing China visas til August...but in August only 10 days will be issued...there is no exemption....

Hi All; The most safest

Hi All;
The most safest place to get a china visa is the China embassy in Manila which is located at the World Center in Makati...Safe and only takes 4 days processing on a regular basis, they also have expedite service which requires you to pay a little bit more.. Worried about high-cost plane tickets? Try to check Cebu pacific airlines who offers discounted promo fares either from HK-Manila or Macau-Manila...
Good luck..

F class (Business) and good

F class (Business) and good luck
[Community Manager:]
[email protected]

if a mother company deploys

if a mother company deploys an employee here for a rep office in shenzhen, what visa should the person have, considering the employee is being paid by the mother company outside china?

Hi, Do you guys know whom I

Do you guys know whom I can talk to about the visa? I dont know many people here and I need to renew asap. Please help! [email protected]

was part of my job in my

was part of my job in my company, so experience

[Wowzers Batman]

Thanks, Scott.... ...By the

Thanks, Scott....

...By the way, where did you get all those infos? Pls. bear with my ignorance. =)

If you re read my post, you

If you re read my post, you will understand i said Z pays Tax in China, F pays tax in home country of employeement.

If you choose not to pay your tax in your home country thats your choice, not a requirement of china.

However IF you are receiving money into a bank or your hand in China, and your on a F class and not declaring your employment here, You will be deported if found out.

No diff to if u hold a 30 day Tourist visa and your caught working like so many singers have been done in Shenzhen.

You actually require a letter from an employeer in your home country, along with a letter of invitation from a company here in china, stating the purpose and length of your business (not work, there is a clear and defined immigrational difference between the two) her in china, then you will be granted one of several different types of F class Visa

12 Month unlimited stay
12 month 180 day stay
12 month 90 day stay
12 month 60 day stay
12 month 30 day stay
6 month 30 day stay
3 month 30 day stay

And for some countries they have other categories like 3,5,7,14,21 day stays.

Each country is different, but all follow the same rules

For a Z class Visa, you must present a Contract from a company her in china who is looking to employee you for WORK, not business, Meaning you will one of their staff working directly and singly for them. They also need to support this contract with references of pass employment and documentation to show why you should be employeed over a local expat who is already here, EG you worked for the same company in the USA branch for 5 years and have been promoted to reional manager, or something like this.

Understand the difference between WORK and BUSINESS??

or do i need to explain this also?

[Wowzers Batman]

@ Boy boy, Thanks, sir. That

@ Boy boy, Thanks, sir.

That was very informative and very considerate response.

Thanks again.


So how does a person with an

So how does a person with an F/business visa pay his taxes?
These visa are like travel tickets that you just buy over the counter- no requirements at all, except maybe some id pictures, right?
Then how can a person pay tax for his "business" if he doesn't issue official receipt (fa piao) on every transactions he makes or money he receives?

This business visa is just an excuse by most employers who avoid liabilities to their employees, and to evade tax as well, i think.

Actually you are total

Actually you are total wrong.

Anyone working, full time part time or casual, and who is receiving their compensation in mainland china, whether it be food bed or money and who does not hold a valid Z (working visa, not F class business visa) is deemed as an illegal worker.

This is also the case in most countries.

In Australia, if you are an international student for example, this alone does not entitle you to part time work, you have to register for a working permit/visa, which still only allows you to work a certains hours or monetary value per month.

BASICALLY, if your earning you package here, in mainland china. and your not paying tax, your illegal.

However, if you have a F class Business visa, and you receive your compensation/ package offshore, you are LEGAL and everything is fine.

[Wowzers Batman]

Let us clarify that most of

Let us clarify that most of those Filipinos working in Shenzhen as teachers are on part-time basis, which by definition of the law, does not qualify them as illegal workers.

As in their case, if they don't have part-time job, and they don't have teaching classes, they can not earn a cent. The term 'working', in technical terms is equivalent to 'gainful' employment with just compensation package. In the case of home based teachers, neither of the precedents is available.

Filipinos working here are mostly on home-based teaching. Therefore, they are not illegal workers, but plain tourists, who happen to be working on part-time basis, which could be reasoned as a way to survive and for daily sustenance, while being here as 'tourist.'

On the contrary, those Filipinos working as teachers, and are connected and or teaching in academies and schools are highly liable, under the Chinese laws, because firstly, they are an institution, that earns money and it is the most realistic and visible and legal form of gainful employment.

Think about this: how are they going to tax Filipinos, who happen to be working as teachers at private homes and on a part-time basis?

In short, this is contrary to those employed in schools. But sad to say, this is not the fault of our Filipino teachers working in schools. In part, we could blame their ignorance of the laws governing legal issues as to whether there is really a 'need' to apply for a WORK PERMIT while teaching in a school.

But it could also be, as in most cases, the flagrant violation of the law, committed by employers, thus they hire teachers, without giving justified package and compensation. After all we know, they don't truly about the fate of these workers!

Hence, it is best to know the rules before jumping into the water.

This holds true to our beloved Filipino entertainers, working in hotels and bars around China because their 'employers' are gaining substantial income from their work. For without them, the business will theoretically die.

I will not talk about those beloved Filipinos who are working on the lower levels, as some bloggers have mentioned because I have great respect for their job. As I see it, if they only have a choice.... I am sure they will not do that horrific job.

I have met some Filipino domestics in my posh village, which I had time to chat with. Most of them are feeling low these days because of the situation.

Finally, there are five things I want to make clear:

1. Be careful with passport handlers.
2. Make some connections.
3. Choose your Filipino friends.
4. Don’t stay or live in dangerous places because police will be more suspicious of your presence and why are you here in China to just 'suffer' in that awful situation.
5. Know your RIGHTS.


The abrupt and continous

The abrupt and continous increase of rate of Chinese visa for Filipino nationals is just a measure taken by the Chinese government to discourage the alarming numbers of illegal employment in the country.
As far as Im concerned, not only prostitutes but also those employed as teachers, designers, entertainers, etc. are often carrying non-work visas which is against the law.

Nationality is not the issue here. Policy is being implemented to dicourage people -employers & employees- from breaking the law.
In fact, even the Philippine Consulate office in Guangzhou is supportive to the policy.

Hence, your warning against fake visas is not a solution to the main problem.

M A B U H A Y!

About the Author
By: Anonymous
Weibo or Twitter Link:
Member For: